The Global Network for Good Governance, (GNGG) has called on the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu, to do his best at ensuring a level play ground in the forth coming political exercise in the country.
In a statement signed on behalf of the Director General of the group, Adm. Mfon Ekpeyong by the Deputy Director General in charge of North Central Nigeria, Pastor Stanley Ajileye, the group said, Prof. Yakubu, a man who, over the years has built for himself a good name in learning and in character, has need to guide his integrity jealously so as not to allow any political player, soil his good reputation being a highly respected professor.
The group emphasised the need for the professor of Political Science to borrow a leaf from his predecessor Prof. Atahiru Jega, who was not only transparent but who equally ensured that the umpire INEC under his watch was seen by all to be transparent.
GNGG hints that, whether the good name and reputation of Prof. Yakubu will remain intact or not after this election, will largely depend on what INEC will do or will refuse to do during the election.
Meanwhile, the group commended the electoral umpire for extending the closing date for the collection of PVC, saying the major reason why so much PVCs were yet to be collected may not be unconnected with the fact that majority of Nigerian registered in their country home which may be a great distance from where they work. Such people may not be able to leave their place of work until a day to the election.
The group therefore pleaded with INEC, that, if the Federal government cannot declare Thursday 14, and Friday 15 of February as public holiday to allow people travel to their local government for collection of their PVC, INEC should magnanimously entrust traditional rulers in the various community, with the responsibility of transmitting the cards to their citizens on the presentation of their temporary cards or transfer slips.
- Fulani army of killers, a finger of the northern elites to legally arm the North. on
- Kogi West APC and the Defeatist | By Gbenga Bright on
- Amazon will let customers try on clothes before they buy on
- Seun kuti Sets To Grace 2019 Grammy Awards on
- EFCC Arraigns Ex-Skye Bank Chair, Tunde Ayeni for Alleged N4.5bn Fraud on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun