National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and other party chieftains on Sunday resolved the conflict between Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and Lagos State House of Assembly.
The resolution was at a Special Governor’s Advisory Committee (GAC) meeting in Marina, Lagos.
Ambode, his deputy, Dr (Mrs.) Idiat Adebule, Speaker Mudashiru Obasa, his deputy, Wasiu Esinlokun and Lagos central Leader, Prince Tajudeen Olusi attended the meeting.
Emerging from the meeting, Tinubu said: “We held a meeting on behalf of entire Lagosians. In the last one week or so, there has been some talk about a conflict between the Executive and the Legislature in Lagos.
“This is of great concern to us. We looked at the source of the conflict, which is normal in a democracy and that is why there are also conflict-resolution mechanisms.
“We examined the grievances on both sides. As leaders, we also looked into areas where there has to be compromise.
“In order to build institutions and encourage consensus-building, we have to do what is right.”
He added: “There is no impeachment. Let there be more communication and consensus-building and understanding. All these are inbuilt in the democratic system.
“We thank the Speaker and the leadership of the House. We thank the Governor and the Deputy Governor.
“They have all demonstrated respect for the party leadership in Lagos. You know when Lagos sneezes, other areas catch cold.
“We are happy that we are able to resolve the conflict and things will start moving well going forward.”
Olusi said: “The APC leader has spoken. This is just to further confirm the decisions that we reached.
“Conflict is an institutional part of the governance. The Executive/Legislature must work together.
“We have reached a decision that they must work together amicably. And very soon the Legislature and the Executive must resolve the grey areas in their relationship.”
however, it become so paramout for APC to resolve issues with Ambode because of possible defection or play anti party role during the forthcoming election.
- Amazon will let customers try on clothes before they buy on
- Seun kuti Sets To Grace 2019 Grammy Awards on
- EFCC Arraigns Ex-Skye Bank Chair, Tunde Ayeni for Alleged N4.5bn Fraud on
- Insubordination: INEC Result Sheets For Kwara Found In Abuja on
- Exclusive Interviews| Why Governor Bello lost the support of Ebira people – Ohinoyi of Ebiraland on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun