The Supreme Court has struck out the suit filed by the Senate, challenging President Muhammadu Buhari’s suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen.
Lawyer to the Senate, Paul Erokoro (SAN) told the court, when the case was called on Tuesday morning, that he filed a notice of discontinuance on Monday in the suit marked: SC76/2019.
Erokoro was silent on why the plaintiff chose to discontinue the case.
Lawyer to President Buhari, Mrs. Maimuna Lami Shiro, who led Tijani Gazali, did not object to the plaintiff’s decision to withdraw the case, following which the court struck out the suit.
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun