Solid mineral miners, processors, traders, quarry operators, workers and sand dredgers in the country on Tuesday promised to mobilize five million votes for the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari in the forthcoming election.
Speaking while on a visit to the campaign office of the APC Women and Youth Campaign organization, led by the wife of the President Aisha Buhari, the group said they have mobilized resources from among themselves to carryout support programmes for the re-election of the president.
Converter of the group, Alhaji Saleh Abu Katsina also formally announced the endorsement of President Buhari by the group saying a road map for the growth and development of the Nigeria mining industry was develop by the Buhari government to deepen reforms, attract local and foreign investors and collaborate with network of stakeholders to build an enabling mining environment.
He said President Buhari also establishment an artisanal and small scale financing support fund for the mining industry in which N5 Billion has been made available with bank of industry at five percent interest rate.
He said the government also “Set up equipment leasing and hire purchase under which mining and processing equipment is accessible to artisanal and small scale miners.
“Introduce National Gold Purchase scheme to promote the production, aggregation and refining of Nigeria Gold Purchase through the CBN under the Federal Government Gold Reserve Treasury Scheme.
“Funding has improved tremendously in the last three years and this includes the release of (i) 30 Billion Naira intervention fund for exploration project (ii) A 150 Million dollar World Bank loan was secured for funding of the man diver programme.”
Responding on behalf of the wife of the president, General Buba Marwa, promised to deliver the group’s positions to the appropriate quarter.
- Gov. Yahaya Bello Self-Deceit (Watch Video) on
- Kogi Governor In Possession Of Uncollected PVCs – PDPPPCO Alleges on
- South Africa: Youth turns back on elections on
- Vote Buying is evil and dehumanizing as it rob the people rights to good governance – Idris Miliki on
- Ahead of Saturday Polls: Lagos LGAs recieves INEC sensitive materials on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun