The Ooni of Ife, His Royal Majesty Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, yesterday, expressed strong admiration and support for Professor Kingsley Moghalu, while receiving the presidential candidate of the Young Progressives Party (YPP) in his palace.
“From the throne of Oduduwa, we are proud of you. Fire on, fire on and fire on,” the Ooni said, praising Moghalu for his “conviction, passion and courage.” “I watched the presidential debate. Every word you spoke conveyed your conviction and passion to genuinely serve the country,” said the Ooni.
“I have followed you and your activities judiciously for many years, you have a clear plan for Nigeria,” said HRM Oba Ogunwusi. “Don’t be surprised that you are the light for even the established politicians.”
He urged the Nigerian youth to know their position and their rightful place in Nigerian leadership. “Moghalu won’t let you down,” said the Ooni, who described the YPP presidential candidate as “young and vibrant.”
The Ooni also spoke of the longstanding ties between the Yoruba and Igbo ethnic nationalities. He told Moghalu: “You are welcome to the land of Oduduwa. We are one. Igbo is spoken here in the palace. The Yorubas plant kolanut because the Igbos discovered it.”
Earlier in his remarks, Moghalu paid glowing tribute to His Royal Majesty, the people of Ile-Ife, and the entire Yoruba race. He described the Ooni as “a great and enterprising leader.” Moghalu said the Yorubas are a people of great learning.
“I am a Nigerian candidate for the Nigerian presidency,” said Moghalu, who served as deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria after a career of 17 years at the United Nations. “I am running for president to unite Nigeria, wage a successful war against poverty and unemployment, and restore Nigeria’s standing in the world.”
Moghalu was at the palace to pay homage to the Ooni, during his seven-day campaign tour of the Southwest states, which kicked off in Lagos on Saturday, 26th January, 2019.
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun