The Kogi State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party has warned a particular Commercial Bank in the state from granting N3billion loans each to eight local government areas of the state, pointing out that it has it on good authority that despite its initial outcry against granting the loans, the bank has allegedly granted the loans.
The PDP in a statement signed by Bode Ogunmola, Publicity Secretary of the Party, lamented that the loans to each of the eight local government areas of the state is really not for development but aimed at circumventing the NFIU policy aimed at paying money directly to local government account.
The PDP called on the Federal Government and the CBN to monitor the transaction of the various local government areas of the state, pointing out that circumventing the NFIU policy to make local government areas still earn percentage salaries is regrettable.
The PDP called on the leadership of NULGE in the state to be aware of the planned plunging of local government in the state into further debt at the detriment of their salaries and welfare, described the on going advertisements of tender for projects to be executed by some local government areas of the state in some National Dailies as a hoax, and not really for development but to circumvent NFIU policy.
The party notes that with the present financial predicaments of the local government areas as it relate to their salaries that is been paid in percentages, frowned at further indebtedness of the local councils in the state.
- Fulani army of killers, a finger of the northern elites to legally arm the North. on
- Kogi West APC and the Defeatist | By Gbenga Bright on
- Amazon will let customers try on clothes before they buy on
- Seun kuti Sets To Grace 2019 Grammy Awards on
- EFCC Arraigns Ex-Skye Bank Chair, Tunde Ayeni for Alleged N4.5bn Fraud on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun