The Presidential Campaign Committee of the People’s Democratic Party in Kogi State, wishes to draw the attention of Nigerians and the internal community to the criminal collaboration between the Kogi State Independent Electoral Commission (SIEC) and the state government to the effect of the transfer of thousands of uncollected Permanent Voters Cards (PVC) to the State government for onward transmission to its agents across the state.
As we speak, the cards are already in the possession of agents of the APC, six of which were spotted this morning with several packs of PVC in Lokoja.
We have it on good authority, that the cards are meant to be use in some shady poll units, which were criminally created in some remote parts of the state for the purpose of electoral malpractices.
We strongly urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to, with immediate effect, investigate the activities of SIEC in Kogi State in relation to this weighty allegation.
We wish to state categorically, that, if the needful is not done, the whole effort of INEC at ensuring a peaceful conduct of the February 16, Presidential election and even subsequent elections may be frustrated.
Usman, Austin Okai
Spokesperson, PDPPCC, Kogi State.
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun