Kogi East Leadership Forum yesterday dropped a bombshell as they asked eligible voters of Igala and Bassa extraction in the State to vote for Atiku and all PDP Candidates at all levels ahead of Saturday Presidential and National Assembly election.
In a comunique issued and signed by Dr John Odekina, the Secretary of the Kogi East Leadership Forum, after their meeting in Ankpa, the forum resolved that all sons and daughters of the district should vote for PDP candidates in the Presidential, Senate, House of Representatives and the State House of Assembly elections.
The Igala-Bassa forum that came up with the resolution said it is in tandem with the Elders group narratives in the same direction few weeks ago saying their move is being hinged on the fact that the All progressive Congress (APC) government oin Kogi state has lost the political will and relevance in the scheme of things.
The group added that, “In view of the sustained suffering in the land and the pitiable plight of our people in Kogi East, we the sons and daughters of Kogi east have resolved as follows; that PDP is now the adopted party of Kogi East, hence all sons and daughters of the Land should vote for PDP in all forth coming elections.
“That Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of PDP is the Presidential candidate of the entire people of Kogi East.
“And that the Igala-Bassa Nation should rise up and take a frontline position in Kogi political climate and redeem Kogi East from the impoverished and enslavement that the APC government brought upon our people”.
The meeting at Ankpa was attended by the Respresentives of all the nine local governments in the district, including all the representatives of major political parties in the Saturday election in the state.
It could be recalled that few weeks back the elders group in the East senatorial District of Kogi State resolved to promote the interest of PDP candidates in the area, as they urged all the people of Igala and Bassa extractions to vote for all PDP candidates.
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun