The elder brother of Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, AVM Ali Ahmad Rufai (Rtd) is dead.
AVM Rufai, who died in the early hours of Saturday in Abuja, was born on 10th November 1948 in Zaria, Kaduna State.
Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai’s spokesperson, Samuel Aruwan announced the death of the Governor’s elder brother in a statement in Kaduna on Saturday.
He was commissioned as an officer in 1972, and retired in 2002 at the rank of Air Vice Marshall after a meritorious military career.
Aruwan said, late AVM Rufai held different positions and commanded various formations while in service and attended several courses in Nigeria and abroad.
He is survived by his wife, Hajiya Safiya Rufai, six children, brothers and sisters. His surviving siblings include Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai and Alhaji Bashir Ahmad El-Rufai.
The janaiza will take place at the Sultan Bello Mosque, Ungwan Sarki, Kaduna by 4pm 19th January 2019.
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun