Yahaya Bello, governor of Kogi, says his administration has made the state prosperous for unborn generations.
Bello made the remark when he signed 16 bills into law in Lokoja, the state capital, on Monday.
The governor said his administration has shown the people of Kogi that “we have them at heart.”
”Surely we have made the state to be more prosperous for ourselves and the unborn generations,” Mohammed Onogwu, chief press secretary, quoted the governor as saying.
“We have shown to the good people of Kogi state that we have them at heart, and I am not surprised for the wonderful reward and appreciation by the people during the last house of assembly elections.”
Bello said since the existence of the state, nobody deemed it fit to enact the laws he assented to.
He noted that of the 50 bills passed, 42 were executive, while eight were member bills.
“Nine members of the 6th Assembly were returned unprecedented back to the 7th House of Assembly, so that you can continue to deliver the dividends of democracy to the good people of Kogi,” Bello said.
“We are confident that the 7th Assembly would performed far higher than the records we are celebrating today.”
Some of the bills assented are legislation seeking to protect the rights of persons living with disability; provision for the administration of estates of deceased persons in Kogi by the administrator general; and establishment of customary court of appeal among others.
- Home on
- NYSC Members Demand The Release Of El-Zakzaky, Wife on
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg optimistic ‘over the long haul’ for US on
- State of the Nation: Past Generals Have Ganged Up Against Buhari, Says Oshiomhole;The generals, especially past leaders, have ganged up and reached a conclusion that President Buhari should not continue. on
- Incredible! Afia Schwarzenegger reveals how she pays male prostitutes to sleep with her on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun