Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, has said micro, small, medium enterprises (MSMEs) are the most important business component for economic growth and there should be supported for growth, Osinbajo said this at while launching the MSME clinic in Minna, Niger.
“The MSME clinic is a response to the fact that we recognise that MSMEs are the most important business component of our economy.
“In any economy, what small businesses contribute is really the superstructure of the economy. And that is why the President decided that we must have this clinic in every state of the federation and so for the past two years we have been going round flagging MSME clinics state by state and one-stop shop,” he added.
He noted that having MSMEs clinic in each state had become necessary to facilitate the work of MSMEs, adding that most small businesses found it difficult to travel all the way to Abuja and Lagos just to get regulatory permission. Executive director, Micro Enterprises in the Bank of Industry (BoI), Toyin Adeniji, disclosed that the bank has given out over N400 million in loans to SMEs across Nigeria. She said that the Bank of Industry (BoI) has recorded 7,500 beneficiaries for the market moni initiative unveiled by the administration. Adeniji stated that SMEs across Nigeria need financial enablement to succeed, necessitating the ‘market moni’ initiative.
“The objective of the loans is to provide financial inclusion to make sure that every citizen is empowered. Access to finance is a major problem to all businesses at every level and remains critical to the success of any business.
“The administration had deemed it fit to make sure that even the people at the bottom of the pyramid are able to access finance without any hassle,” she said. In his remarks, the state governor, Alhaji Abubakar Bello, said his administration had accessed over N2 billion from the CBN to assist MSMEs in the state. Bello commended the federal government for setting up MSME programmes in the country as MSME were known to create millions of jobs in the country. Some of the beneficiaries at the MSME Clinic said the Market Moni’ had helped them in improving their businesses.
- Home on
- Video Post with Built-in Video Player on
- Home on
- Atiku demands from buhari to unfreezing of bank accounts belonging to opposition politicians and the demilitarisation of subsequent elections, says 2019 election the worst election so far on
- Melaye attempted suicide case: N5 million and two sureties still sustained for the current charges- Justice Sylvanus Oriji on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun