Earlier today, Dr Oby Ezekwesili stepped down from the presidential race. I want to thank Dr Ezekwesili for her service to the Nigerian nation. Her participation in the presidential race enriched the level of discourse and demonstrated that a new breed of committed and patriotic individuals, who are not part of the establishment parties, have emerged to offer Nigeria a new direction.
Dr Ezekwesili’s departure from the presidential race and her renewal of her commitment to a progressive platform that will reclaim Nigeria from 20 years of corruption and inept leadership under the APC and PDP, has renewed calls from a broad section of Nigerians for coalition talks.
I have always believed that it will take a true partnership of progressives and committed patriots to move this nation forward. It is not just politically pragmatic to do so, it is the way that I have always worked. Every political battle that I have waged on the behalf of the Nigerian people has been done through coalitions and partnerships. For instance, it took a coalition that involved the students movement, pro democracy organizations, progressive politicians, human rights groups and labour unions to fight against the annulment of the June 12, 1993 elections. A similar coalition was necessary to force the military of our power and restore democracy in 1999. That is why the TakeItBack Movement and the African Action Congress have remained supportive of various efforts towards building a unified platform. We have never ceased talking, engaging and working with other organizations, parties and individuals, towards building a unifying platform.
I also want to thank my brother Fela Durotoye for his public reaffirmation of his commitment to that process. It is important that Nigerians know that for the last 4 months my team and I have been in discussions at various times, under various auspices, with the Durotoye, Moghalu, Ezekwesili and Duke teams. I reaffirm my commitment to that effort. We will continue to push forward with our goal of reclaiming Nigeria
- Home on
- FG Amends Charges, Re-arraigns Melaye Over Alleged Resist Of Arrest….. as FCT High Court grants lawmaker bail on existing conditions on
- Breaking: Atiku will NOT concede to Buhari as PDP assembles lawyers on
- Pentagon: 3,750 additional troops heading to the US-Mexico border for Border Protection and mobile surveillance capability on
- what Adesina wants Nigerians to know on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun