The Kogi State Presidential Campaign Council of the Peoples Democratic Party remains unshaken, unperturbed and undistracted in the face of unwarranted provocation and attacks perpetrated by thugs on the payroll of outgoing governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Adoza Bello.
The council firmly reaffirms that no extent of intimidation will cause members of the Peoples Democratic Party to roll with pigs pursuant to the coming presidential election.
For the records, we confirm without fear of contradiction that the outgoing governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Adoza Bello has made good His threat to kill any individual who poses a threat to the re-election of outgoing President Muhammadu Buhari.
We draw the attention of Nigerians to the various materials in circulation not excluding feeds from the Social Media handles of some members of the ruling APC wherein various veiled threats to fund and instigate violence in Kogi State were made.
We remind Nigerians that just last week, empirical proof was provided to back up the truth that the Chief of Staff to the Kogi State Governor, Mr. Edward Onoja convened a meeting with selected aides of His principal wherein orders were conveyed instructing the attendees to work hand in hand with certain thugs already recruited to implement the sinister agenda of the governor.
It is therefore only crucial that we intimate the world about the newest twist as follows:
1. In Girinya area of Lokoja, no fewer than 3 giant sized bill boards belonging to the PDP and it’s House of Representatives candidate for the Lokoja / Koton Karfe Federal Constituency, Hon. Barr. Ibrahim Shaaba have been destroyed by heavily armed thugs led by one Saliu Saidu.
2. In Ebeha area of Koton Karfe, a coordinated attack on PDP materials is currently underway. We note that as at now, every single poster of PDP candidates contesting elections into various posts have been either torn or smeared with condemned oil.
3. In Lokoja metropolis, well known thugs, heavily armed and supervised by aides of accidental Governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello have had a field day in the last 24 hours setting fire to wooden billboards mounted by PDP candidates as well as smearing other materials with condemned oil, engine oil and in some cases paint.
4. In Ijumu LGA, no less a person than Chief Abiodun Ojo, a former finance commissioner in Kogi State was severely attacked by thugs protected by appointees of the Kogi State Governor in the process of which His Lexus SUV was vandalized beyond salvage value.
We equally note that an attack on supporters of Hon. Barr. Ibrahim Shaaba was only averted because His supporters and other members of the PDP choosed civility over savagery.
In view of the aforementioned episodes, we loudly call on the acting inspector general of the Nigeria Police to urgently address these cases of a clear attempt by the APC to disturb public peace, breach the rights of members of the PDP to campaign as well as instigate violence.
At the instance of the Director General of the campaign council, His Excellency, the Rt. Hon. Clarence Olafemi, members of the PDP are once again advised not to roll with pigs.
We advise our members to show restraint and avoid joining issues with members of the APC like lepers.
The council however advises all lovers of democracy to remain resolute because there is hope.
We charge the high command of the Nigeria police force to call the Kogi State Governor to order and sternly compel Him to desist from further acts capable to endangering the integrity of the 2019 elections.
While we remain focused on only the issues which will define the elections, we strongly hope that the greater interest of Nigeria will guide the sinking APC, accidental governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello and outgoing President, Muhammadu Buhari to quietly prepare their handover notes and speed up plans for life in retirement.
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun