By Chidi Maduabuchi
Former Governor of Enugu State, Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani, at the weekend flagged off his Enugu-East Senatorial District campaign in Eha-Amufu in Isi-Uzo Local Government Area of Enugu State with a call on the electorate to eschew bitterness and rancour before, during and after the forthcoming general elections in the state.
Dr. Nnamani who is gunning for his second term at the Senate told his supporters at Eha-Amufu and Ikem that he was overwhelmed by their large turnout, stressing that it had further strengthened his spirit to do more good.
The founder of “Ebeano” lauded Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for giving him a second opportunity to serve the people, pointing out that not everybody has the chance to stage a comeback and be received overwhelmingly.
Nnamani who went memory lane recalled how as a governor, he made sure that appointments and resources were equitably distributed, adding that he is happy that the present administration in the state is consolidating on the policies and programmes of his then regime.
“I am here to pay respect to you all. I am very grateful for the opportunity given me. Opportunity to be part of the system all over again because it is not everybody that has that kind of opportunity. There are people that were coming to say you deserve it, but it is not everything someone deserves that he gets. I took it as a gift and I am very grateful. It is a rare opportunity; it is the second, third, fourth and fifth chance you are giving me and I appreciate it and I thank all of you. It is not everybody that will have this kind of opportunity in their lifetime,” he said.
Responding, the Chairman of Isi-Uzo Local Government Area, Dr. Benjamin Edoga thanked Dr. Nnamani for rejoining the PDP to realise his senatorial ambition, noting that he would get massive support from his people.
“Enugu is a one-party state controlled by PDP right from the inception of the fourth republic in 1999. Our able governor, Rt. Honourable Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is a God-fearing leader and like he always says, Enugu is in the hands of God and it will end in praise,” he added.
All the speakers at the event agreed that the return of Nnamani had boosted the fortunes of PDP in the state, noting that many political office holders beginning from local, state and federal level who are of Enugu State extraction were products of Ebeano.
It would be recalled that Nnamani who is known for his house-to-house campaign, last month took many residents of Enugu by surprise as he walked along some major streets and interacted with the people.
- Fulani army of killers, a finger of the northern elites to legally arm the North. on
- Kogi West APC and the Defeatist | By Gbenga Bright on
- Amazon will let customers try on clothes before they buy on
- Seun kuti Sets To Grace 2019 Grammy Awards on
- EFCC Arraigns Ex-Skye Bank Chair, Tunde Ayeni for Alleged N4.5bn Fraud on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun