The Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, and the Lagos State Government said all oil tankers and trailers will not be allowed to enter Lagos today and Saturday due President Muhammadu Buhari’s mega rally billed for the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.
Over 100,000 APC faithful are expected to throng the stadium to show their support for Buhari on Saturday and many routes in the area have been restricted to motorists or outrightly shutdown.
Lagos State Sector Commander, FRSC, Hyginus Omeje said all trucks had been restricted from coming to Lagos beginning from Friday and tomorrow in order to prevent extreme traffic gridlock.
“As from Friday (today) no truck comes into Lagos State. Most of these routes that will be closed is where these trucks normally pass to Wharf,” he said during an interactive session with newsmen.
He said those already in Lagos and were constituting nuisance on Ikorodu Road would be cleared.
Hyginus Omeje, FRSC Lagos Sector Commander
Omeje who said the trucks could stay at Ogere until Buhari had concluded his mega rally in Lagos, saying that there were lots of spaces in those areas for them to stay.
Also, 500 officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, and 150 FRSC officials would be deployed to manage traffic on Saturday when Buhari comes visiting for his mega rally.
- Fulani army of killers, a finger of the northern elites to legally arm the North. on
- Kogi West APC and the Defeatist | By Gbenga Bright on
- Amazon will let customers try on clothes before they buy on
- Seun kuti Sets To Grace 2019 Grammy Awards on
- EFCC Arraigns Ex-Skye Bank Chair, Tunde Ayeni for Alleged N4.5bn Fraud on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun