A stormy reactions by Nigerians greets President Muhammadu Buhari‘s comment that he and his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), came into power in 2005 as against May 29, 2015.
Openreporters gathered that President Buhari made the gaffe during the presidential rally in Ekiti, Southwest Nigeria on Tuesday while he was trying to remind the people that his party was conscious of the promises it made in 2015.
In a video which has gone viral on social media, the President while addressing the people said, “We are very conscious of the promises we made when we were coming in 2005” instead of 2015.
Moments after the video of the President’s gaffe went viral, Nigerians took to the micro-blogging site, Twitter to react to the President’s gaffe.
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun