Oby Ezekwesili, the presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN), has withdrawn from the February 16 presidential election, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.
In a statement released early on Thursday morning, Mrs Ezekwesili said she stepped down from the election to help build a coalition to defeat the All Progressive Congress and the peoples Democratic Party in the election.
When reached to confirm a statement on her withdrawal from the race to become the number one citizen of the country seen on Twitter, an aide to Ms Ezekwesili, Ozioma Ubabukoh, confirmed that the statement was genuine.
“Yes, she has withdrawn. It is true. You can run with it,” he said.
A close associate of Mrs Ezekwesili, Aisha Yusufu, also confirmed the withdrawal.
More details later…
- Fulani army of killers, a finger of the northern elites to legally arm the North. on
- Kogi West APC and the Defeatist | By Gbenga Bright on
- Amazon will let customers try on clothes before they buy on
- Seun kuti Sets To Grace 2019 Grammy Awards on
- EFCC Arraigns Ex-Skye Bank Chair, Tunde Ayeni for Alleged N4.5bn Fraud on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun