Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that the APC Federal Government through the Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) has directed the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC ) to work with internet service providers to shutdown internet access during the forthcoming elections.
Governor Wike said that shutting down internet access by the NSA and INEC is aimed at facilitating the rigging of the 2019 General elections.
He spoke on Thursday during a courtesy visit by Savannah Centre Council on Peaceful and Violence Free in Nigeria at the Government House Port Harcourt . He said: “The National Security Adviser has met with INEC to ensure that internet service providers shutdown the internet, so that foreign bodies won’t see what’s happening in the country during the elections.
“They will jam all the frequencies and internet services to stop real time communication during the elections.
“This plot to rig the forthcoming elections is a recipe for violence. They will not succeed in whatever they are planning . The world will be informed about their criminal activities “.
The governor said that the negative actions of the Buhari administration indicate that they will not accept defeat when they lose the forthcoming elections. He advised President Muhammadu Buhari to emulate Former President Goodluck Jonathan who placed Nigeria above personal consideration.
“I don’t think this administration will willingly accept defeat. They should emulate Former President Goodluck Jonathan who lost elections and accepted the outcome.
“There was no litigation. He went back home and did not generate crisis “, he said.
Governor Wike said that Rivers people will not fold their hands and allow the APC Federal Government unleash violence and rig the 2019 elections.
He regretted that the APC Federal Government has caged the Judiciary, making it difficult to determine electoral disputes in court.
He argued that the conduct of credible elections rest squarely with security agencies and INEC. He said once the two agencies act within the law, the poĺls will be credible polls.
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs and Founder of Savannah Centre Council on Peaceful and Violence Free in Nigeria, Prof Ibrahim Gambari called on all stakeholders to work towards peaceful and credible polls.
He said that the group is involved in extensive research and consultation to promote peace. He noted that peace and development are intertwined, hence they must be encouraged.
Gambari urged Governor Wike to use his national contacts to enhance the culture of peace.
Former Director-General, Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution (IPCR), Prof Oshita Oshita urged the governor to continue to work in the interest of peaceful polls.
- CPAC: Trump describes Democrats “collusion delusion”, says America will never be a socialist country on
- Elections are the cornerstone of representative governance – Buhari; Read full text of the president’s broadcast on
- A very lazy amateur pot bellied boxer, Yahaya Bello recieves hot punches for his new release boxing pictures on social media on
- Re: Don’t Elect A Rascal As Senator – Smart Adeyemi Urges Kogi West Electorate. By Olaposi Bosun on
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ on respect for human rights – amnesty international on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun