Ace Nigerian singers Tuface Idibia, MI Abaga and Chidinma Ekile have lent their voices against vote-buying during the 2019 general elections, as they jointly released a single hit ‘Not For Sale’.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Teni D, Waje, Umar Shareef and Cobhams Asuguo also featured in the advocacy collaboration.
The song was directed by Bobby Hai. It was shot and edited by Paul Gambit and produced by Cobhams Asuquo.
‘Not for Sale’ lyrics entreat Nigerians not to sell their votes “because the power to change the nation for the better is in everyone of us.”
It also encourages a non-violent electoral process by all stakeholders, especially the electorate as they come out to exercise their franchise.
Tuface, the ‘African Queen’ crooner, has over the years championed advocacy for better society through his songs.
In 2015, he campaigned extensively for a free,fair and peaceful polls with a song ‘Vote Not Fight’.
He had also released songs such as ‘For Instance’, and ‘E be like say’, all advocating for good political leadership and better society.
- Report: $15 minimum wage bill would benefit 20.7 million workers on
- CJN: Amaechi behind his ordeals, says Wike on
- 59,200 Nigerians displaced by Boko Haram in 3 months – U.N Reports on
- Gov. Yahaya Bello Self-Deceit (Watch Video) on
- Incredible! How Snakes force Liberian President George Weah out of office on
- Re: Guber Poll: Kogi APC, Gov Bello’s Aides Ask Oshiomhole to Sanction Usman, Mohammed, other Aspirants; the Confused Ranting of an Oracle | By Posi Botun
- Kogi Guber: 20 APC Aspirants Oppose Indirect Primaries
- Gov Bello v. Judiciary: Industrial court puts a spanner in the works By Idowu Akinlotan
- Kogi Guber Race: Igala Elders Reduces Governorship Aspirants From Kogi-East to Six
- Kogi State LG Councils’ Invitation offers for Tender for Projects: A Real Development Stride or Farce By Posi Botun